Whether offices, services, event or donate: With the Emons News, you are up to date.
Update to the effect due to the Corona pandemic regarding transports/transport contracts
All Emons sites have so far been operating without restrictions. At present, there is not a single suspected case of Covid-19 at any Emons site that has been positively tested and could not be isolated in time! Nor are we aware of any cases at partners in the Emons network at present. We handle your shipments with our usual high quality. You will find the right answer to many questions in our FAQ. Of course we are still here for you! Please feel free to contact your local contact person with your questions and requirements. We will take care of your request with priority and try everything necessary to find a solution for you.
Freight transports to most risk areas are still possible. Due to controls long waiting times occur at the borders. As a precautionary measure, please plan for more transit time.
As the ordering party and sender, you are responsible for handing over to us only goods that the recipient can accept. Therefore, please clarify before dispatch whether your goods can be delivered safely. It is not possible for us to store undeliverable shipments over a longer period of time, otherwise the handling in our depots will come to a deadlock. Unfortunately, we have to return undeliverable shipments to you at your expense.
In the following we will keep you informed about the latest developments.
In order to maintain the supply, drivers are expressly exempt from most restrictions such as quarantine, tests, etc. European supply chains are increasingly recovering after restrictions are relaxed. The departure frequencies to most countries are just slightly restricted. The transit times have mostly been normalized.
The Emons network in Germany is fully functional. All branches and partners are working as usual.
As a system-relevant company, we are increasingly there for you, especially during the crisis. Please also contact us if we can do anything for you beyond the normal cooperation; no matter whether it concerns staff, storage space or transport.
Belgique – UPDATE
The shops, with the exception of grocery stores, will be closed again from the end of October.
France – UPDATE
The shops are allowed to reopen from November 28, 2020.
Greece – UPDATE
From October 14, only the following seven border crossings are open for goods traffic – but these 24 hours a day.
– Ktismata – Kakavia (Albania)
Kapshtice – Krystallopigi (Albania) closed also for trucks from November, 24, 2020.
– Evzoni – Bogorodica (North Macedonia)
– Kulata – Promachona (Bulgaria) 24/7
– Ormenio (Bulgaria)
– Makaza – Nymfaia (Bulgaria)
– Kipi – Evros (Turkey).
Due to the limited truck capacities with hazardous goods equipment, please discuss ADR shipments with us in advance.
Great Britain – UPDATE
From November 5th, 2020 to the beginning of December, all shops in England will be closed except for supermarkets and shops classified as necessary. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland had closed most of the shops the week before.
Freight traffic is exempt from the border closings from September 1, 2020.
Complete lockdown from October 21, 2020.
Italy – UPDATE
Shopping centers have to be closed on weekends. In some regions there are stricter measures.
Austria – UPDATE
The stationary retail trade will be closed from November 17, 2020. Shops for daily needs such as grocery stores, pharmacies, banks and the post office will remain open.
By reducing the departure frequency, the lead times are extended.
Slovakia – UPDATE
The stores are still open to customers with a negative test result.
Spain – UPDATE
No lockdown, but severe restrictions on freedom of movement in regions with particularly high numbers of infections.
Czech Republic – UPDATE
Lock down again. From 22.10.2020 stores and shops are closed.
Overseas – UPDATE
Current information can be found in the separate Air & Sea News.
Where, how and when can we deliver? Emons actively supports the OpenLogistics platform. Each of us has information on whether companies are closed or open. The aim is to consolidate this information and make it available to everyone. Please help us together to build up a recipient database to prevent logistics chains from becoming congested.
Delivery receipts are still required. Protect yourself and our drivers by wearing hygienic gloves when acknowledging and signing on the hand scanner with your own pen without a refill.
The effects of the corona virus on the international transport sector are serious. For information on air and sea freight, please contact your Emons Air & Sea specialists as early as possible!
The information reflects our current state of knowledge and is subject to constant change. We take no liability for the information provided.
Our plea to you: Please continue to grant our drivers access to your sanitary areas to enable the absolutely necessary hygiene measures.
Due to the Corona pandemic and the associated official and economic restrictions, the performance of transports assigned by you may be affected.
This applies in particular to transport to or from risk areas or goods from risk areas. We therefore ask you to observe the following special conditions with immediate effect, which remain part of the transport contract until further notice:
– If fixed loading times are agreed and the sender or loading points specify special protective measures during loading which affect the loading times, the loading times will be extended accordingly. A demurrage claim exists for the period of the delay. The rights according to § 417 HGB remain unaffected.
– If recipients or unloading points make the delivery of the goods dependent on additional protective measures or declarations by our company or the drivers employed, we shall comply with these measures in your interest, unless they are disproportionate. If the measures have an effect on the time and type of unloading (e.g. unloading outside a company site), this shall constitute an obstacle to delivery within the meaning of § 419 HGB (German Commercial Code) and may trigger a demurrage charge in the event of a delay.
– Delivery times shall be extended accordingly by protective measures specified by the sender, recipient or third parties.
– We are exempt from liability according to § 426 HGB (German Commercial Code) if losses, damages or exceeding of delivery times are due to protective measures ordered by the sender, recipient or third parties (especially authorities). This applies in particular to possible driving bans in risk areas and concrete dangers to our driving personnel from a corona virus infection.